måndag, juli 03, 2006

Backtracking part 2

Okay, here we go again...

*Day 4
Up early (around 7.30), had breakfast and then took the train to Shin-Yatsuhiro and from there the shinkansen train to Kagoshima-chuo. Managed to get to the famous (still active) volcano Sakurajima (quite interesting name, means 'cherry island'). This island was huge and I did not feel like taking a hike around it, though I actually walked to some volcano center 20 minutes from the ferry port. Was really hot and humid as usual. Found some couple of volcano stones (?) on the way then I returned back to Fukuoka. On the train back there were some wierd old Japanese men offering me Japanese candy and tried to speak English with me... (gosh.., kind of embarassing).

*Day 5
Woke up later than usual in the morning, had some brunch and visited a anime/manga-store called Animate. Got really fond if this singer Mizuki Nana. Bought some stuff then headed toward the north of Fukuoka looking for something interesting to see. Found a shopping mall where there was a huge place with loads of second-hand manga, cd, etc, you name it. Bought a lot and then visited a local netcafe. Went to a place called Canal City which is like a big building complex with movie theatre, restaurants and arcade gaming centers. Had some dinner at a place called Ramen Stadium (wierd...). Returned to the hotel and tried to use the coin laundry. The coin dryer however wouldn't make the clothes dry enough so I let them hang in the bathroom overnight.

*Day 6
Packed my big bag, dried the non-dry clothes with a hairdryer (had to use it for something...) and checked out. Headed back to the store from yesterday and bought some more second-hand manga. Made a brief visit to Fukuoka tower (just watched it, didn't head to the top of it), then it was finally time to head to Hiroshima. When I finally got there I had to ride with a tram packed with people making me not able to get off until two stops after the one I was supposed to get off at. Found the World Friendship Center and was greeted by a nice american guy showing me the room and telling me about Hiroshima. Took a hike downtown almost getting lost trying to find a telephone booth (Japanese maps are a nightmare..).

*Day 7
Woke up around 7 and headed downstairs to have "western breakfast" (American pancakes, etc). Heavy rain outside so I decided to go to Okayama. From there I went to a village called Bizen/Imbe (which was located in the middle of nowhere it seemed). Walked around in the rain, visited a shinto shrine and a nearby forest then took the local train to another place west of Okayama called Kurashiki. There was supposed to be some kind of old samurai-areas here which I tried to find, with success. Took a look around the samurai buildings and happened to find a Igarashi Yumiko-museum (WOW ^.^ ). A really nice exhibition to be honest, worth a visit for those who like Candy Candy or Georgie for example. Asked one of the staff members to take a photo of me in front of one of the Candy Candy characters (yay!). Visited another shinto shrine where I bought my first protective amulet (o-mamori... something the shrine maiden called it), then headed back to Hiroshima.

To be contined....

Inga kommentarer: